Friday, January 29, 2010

It's getting closer!

We are getting closer to owning our house. Hopefully we will close next week. It has been a really long haul.

I know you are wondering where our new house is gonna be. Here is a hint:







Did you figure it out yet?







Don't worry. If you didn't, I plan on posting a picture of the outside on the day that we close. I think most people would be hard pressed not to recognize it! (that's another hint).

I am so excited!

Shhhh, don't tell... Last Saturday our realtor had to let us in the house so we could put outlet covers on all the plugs and replace a few roof tiles, so that the bank would push our loan through for the house (why they wont lend us money with missing outlet covers is a mystery to me!), and I placed some new hardware on the hall cupboards while I was there.

I know I will have to take them back off to paint, but I just HAD to have some of my stuff in the house, like marking my territory.

Now I just need to really start packing.

I don't know if you ever realized this, but it is really an overwhelming, daunting task to pack up a house that you have lived in for 10.5 years. I don't know where to start, and I am currently sitting in my pajamas at my computer successfully avoiding the packing job which I need to work at when I get off of the computer.

After I shower, of course...

I do have a question for you, though.

What is your opinion on green front doors? I am determined to paint my front door green. In fact I am really excited by the idea. I was inspired by a large picture I saw somewhere titled "Doors in Ireland". Every single door was a brilliant shade of blue, red, purple or green. Like brightly colored jewels sparkling in the sunlight, tantalizing people with images of what lies behind them. It was amazing.

I want THAT kind of door. The kind that just shouts, "Look at me! I am beautiful! I am so lucky to be a front door! You'll never be able to imagine what wonderful things lie behind me!"

That is the kind of door I want.

1 comment:

Barbie said...

I think the door will look fantastic. After I get through this crazy weekend, I will be over to help you pack. Get ready!