Friday, September 18, 2009

Nielsen's Frozen Custard


Yesterday, Barbie and I met at 11:30 for lunch at Nielsen's Frozen Custard, and it was DELICIOUS!

We started out with "The Finer Things" grinder and a yummy order of HOT salty fries with their special Fry Sauce.

What is "The Finer Things" grinder? I am glad you asked. This delectable sub sandwich includes sliced turkey breast, fresh avocado, cream cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions, and pepper relish.


Barbie ate one with everything, I nixed the onions and pepper relish. It was one of the best sandwiches I have had in my life, and it was surprisingly light fare. The fries and sauce were the perfect compliment to the grinders.

After our main course, we treated ourselves to some concretes. What is a concrete? It is basically a large cup of frozen custard, and it includes one mix-in for free. I had my usual: chocolate with raspberries, which is heavenly. Barbie chose vanilla with brownies and hot fudge. YUMMY!


We ate and talked and laughed, and had a great time in general. Thanks for another great date, Barbie! I can't wait to go back again next time.

Oh, Nielsen's is located on the NW corner of Gilbert and Southern, west of the gas station. Try it out!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I miss you guys. Looks like fun. Your girlys are getting big. Miss you Dixie!

RLJ said...

Evil, that looks good, I see My Hun posted a note