Tuesday, August 18, 2009

11 Years and Still Counting

This last Friday, on August 14th, Eli and I celebrated our 11th anniversary.
The time has truly flown by.


Then

I was 18 years old and 107 lbs.
I was deeply in love.


Now

I am 29 years old and more than 107 lbs.
I am still deeply in love.


A love note to my eternal partner:

Eli,
You are my very best friend.
We have worked together through the great times, the rough times, and all the times in between. The last 11 years have brought two beautiful daughters into our lives and hearts, and they love you so dearly, as do I. You are a wonderful father and husband, and I am blessed to spend all of the eternities with you.
Love,
Dixie

If I could have just one wish,
I would wish to wake up everyday
to the sound of your breath on my neck,
the warmth of your lips on my cheek,
the touch of your fingers on my skin,
and the feel of your heart beating with mine...
Knowing that I could never find that feeling
with anyone other than you.

- Courtney Kuchta

1 comment:

Blake & Melissa said...

Happy belated anniversary, Eli and Dixie!!