Saturday, August 22, 2009

"New" Furniture


Last Saturday we received some bedroom furniture from friends, which we needed, as we just moved Tarin into her own room, and were a little short on furniture.

This is what the bed frame and nightstands originally looked like.

We decided to spiff up the "new" furniture, which of course meant a trip to Home Depot!
Tarin chose the spray paint color "French Lilac" for her bed frame,
which Emma also wanted for her nightstand.

Then Tarin picked out the color "Leafy Green" for her nightstand.

We also let the girls pick out new handles for the nightstand drawers,
which they put on themselves.

Tarin's handles were a pretty flowery silver,
and Emma's were brass and white.


They both look really good.

Here is the "new" furniture.


The girls were both excited to put their new furniture in their rooms.

If you notice,
Tarin also painted an old brown metal trash can
(that was probably from the 1970's) to match her new furniture.


I would also like to point out one other Fabulous accomplishment in these photos.
Can you see them?


Do you notice the Absolutely Darling quilts on both of their beds?
These are the first full size quilts that I have ever made from scratch!

Last year my Grandma Dixon decided that she was going to teach me how to quilt, and she did. It came as a HUGE surprise to me that I actually liked doing it.
I also feel really good about my accomplishment!
I think we should all learn something new each year.


Here is what I am learning this year:

Thank you, Miss Terra, for teaching me piano. I have loved both of my lessons so far!

I also am planning on learning how to make bed skirts (see the sad lack of skirts on my girls beds?) and valances and curtains to match their adorable quilts.

How hard can it be???

2 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

Yea for new posts! I haven't checked your blog for a while and was pleasently surprised to see lots of fun, new posts. Love the bedroom furniture and SO IMPRESSED with your quilts. They are adorable! Way to go!

Blake & Melissa said...

Love the new furniture and the quilts! You are so talented!